“Exponential growth of information technology”
- Progression today its not linear, its exponential.
- Target your projects for the world that will exist when you finish them.
- To be successful is not to make your project work, it is to be correct on the timing.
- The exponential growth is predictable and very explosive.
- We constantly try to predict whats coming
Predictability is completely unaffected by booms, problems and other successes.
Health & Medicine
- Health and medicine have become an information technology.
- We could identify the gens responsible for diseases and modify them to turn them off.
- Health and medicine will be a million times more powerful in 20 years.
- Human brain is being completely reverse engineered.
- Life expectancy will grow faster than you get old
- What now fits in a cellphone will fit in a blood cell in 25 years.
- Within 20 years we could completely replace fosil fuels with solar energy.
- Change is going faster and faster.
- Try to project where technology will be.
- Technology is an evolutionary process.
- Technology has accelerated itself.
- Biology is very subobtimal to what we actually engineer.
- Information technologies follow remarkably predictable patterns.
- Information technology its a democratizing technology.
- Information technology has a fifty percent deflation rate.
- Exponential growth can not go on forever: it comes to an end.
- When prices reach a certain level, technologies explode.
- “Identify new applications and try to identify when they will be possible”.
- Very few people could do their jobs without innovations that exist today.
- Prediction for 2010: computers disappear.
- Prediction for 2029: an intimate merger 1000 times old computation equal 1000 times of human brain.
Extract by Josep Oriol Ayats and Guillem Mateos.