Cleaning Up 2009 Report Keynote
“Massive goverment founding will reach the sector in 2011″
- 5X Clean tech investment growth from 2004 to 2007
2008Q3 2008Q4 2009Q1 decrease
- Main countries clean tech investment. USA, Spain, China and Brazil.
Banks are growing in confidence again.
- Clean tech sector needs a solid price of gas in order to be reliable.
- Some banks have crushed. Banks that were leanders of clean tech innovation and projects.
- During next year Cleantech production, even in the more optimistic scenario, is going to be over demand.
- Europe is important, but USA is the place where VC founding is flowing.
- The amount of money that is being rised is higher than the amount of money that is being invested.
- Solar and wind are the main clean sectors were investment is taking place.
- Spanish banks are covering the place left by other crushed banks as clean tech leaners leaders.
- Massive goverment founding will reach the sector in 2011. When it happens, combined with a bank confidence growth, will push up clean tech sector again.
Extract by Daniel Martínez