CEO’s Panel Discussion
“How do you get companies to innovate?”
Moderator: Jennifer Schenker
- You have to constantly challenge the people that work with you.
- There is a change going on in home video.
- Music industry is going through a metamorphosis which is still not figured out.
- Bigger is better (business).
- If you are bigger and you are innovator, you have the financial resources to do things and do them fast.
- Basically people want to please the boss.
- Its essential how the CEO chooses the head of departments.
- Inertia overrides innovation in successful organizations.
- Put people in a room till they are so annoyed and so tired and so upset until they have a new idea. Keep going on till you are upset.
- There are thousands of good ideas, the problem is recognizing them.
- There are a thousand reasons why a good idea dies.
- If you want to innovate the last thing to do is research.
- If you are not prepared to lose, you are not going to take the right hand of risk.
- Its very difficult to put an equation to innovation.
- Many organizations are just too short on their patience.
- Individuals tend to work for companies where they fit.
- Measuring innovation has always been a challenge.
Extract by Josep Oriol Ayats and Guillem Mateos.